Frequently Asked Questions for Gold Coast Health Plan Members During the Thomas Fire.
Gold Coast Health Plan (GCHP) knows that the fires in Ventura County may be affecting you and your family.
GCHP is advising its members — especially those with respiratory conditions like asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) — to do the following:
- Stay indoors and keep your windows closed.
- Use your controller steroid inhalers like Qvar® as prescribed.
- Use your quick-release inhalers to help with shortness of breath.
- If you have oxygen use it.
- If you have difficulty breathing, turn on your central air conditioner.
- If you have a window AC unit, make sure the filter is clean.
- Use fans in each room to help move the air in your house.
Click here for more information on air quality from the Ventura County Air Pollution Control District.
Click here for more information and updates on the Thomas Fire from Ready Ventura County.
Click here for a list of GCHP providers either closed or open due to the Thomas Fire.