Gold Coast Health Plan (GCHP) has a Disease Management Program for Diabetes.
The goal is to improve the health of our members. Members with diabetes or who are at risk for getting diabetes are encouraged to join.
Members have access to:
- Resources in English or Spanish.
- Classes near home or work.
- Coaching by a Nurse to make lifestyle changes.
The program works with primary care providers, specialists and members to improve health outcomes. It can also help reduce or delay long-term complications by supporting member efforts to live a healthier lifestyle.
GCHP aims to improve the health of its members and their families by partnering with its network of providers to deliver evidence-based care.
The Disease Management Program is a free service for members that provides them with targeted interventions to help manage chronic conditions like diabetes. The goal of the program is to work with primary care providers, specialists and members to identify the best ways for members to stay as healthy as possible, reduce or delay long-term complications and manage the member's conditions with appropriate care for the best health outcomes. The Program offers members:
- Educational materials and links to resources in either English or Spanish.
- Classes taught in English or Spanish near the member’s home or work.
- An individualized action plan and access to work with a Nurse Health Coach.
For more information, here are some helpful links:
- Disease Management for Diabetes Referral Form
- Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes – 2016 American Diabetes Association
Set Your Own Goals for Good Health
Be your best healthy self. If you or someone in your family has diabetes or is at risk for developing diabetes, GCHP’s Disease Management Program for Diabetes is here to help you.
In the program, you can learn how to:
- Get the care you need.
- Understand the care your doctor recommends.
- Manage health issues for you and your family.
- Learn about other things you can do to stay healthy.
GCHP’s Diabetes Disease Management Team Supports a Healthier You
GCHP’s focus is on you and your family. The Plan’s goal is to make it easier for you to manage your health and live your life well. GCHP’s nurse coaches and health educators can help you stay healthy with:
- One-on-one help.
- Free learning materials in English and Spanish.
- Access to classes in the communities near you.
- Online resources.
GCHP Wants to Help You Protect Your Health
Another way the Plan helps is by putting information to work for you. GCHP compares your health records to current recommendations and can:
- Help you get any care that you are missing.
- Remind you to get the preventive care you and your family need.
- Make sure you are taking the right medications.
- Tell your doctor how you are doing.
Getting Started is Easy and Free
The program is already part of your GCHP health benefit. We would like to hear from you so that we can help you get:
- Educational materials in English or Spanish.
- Connected with classes near your work or home.
- Access to a nurse coach to design a plan of action to keep you and your family healthy.
Call 1-805-437-5588/TTY 1-888-310-7347 and get started today!